Sunday, May 8, 2011

Memento



  Watching the movie Memento was confusing movie for me to watch.  AT first I didn't know what was going on and then later on I got the hang of how the movie was set up.  The movie is like a puzzle and the viewer is just trying to fit the pieces in the correct spots.

Although it was confusing I did enjoy viewing it because it was a different type of movie than I would usually watch and it kept me wanting to see more and more.

Leonard, the main character, just wanted to find a reason to live which was to murder his wife's killer.  His reason to live was for revenge.
Leonard has short term memory and only remembers up to his wife's death which is extremely horrible.  I feel bad because people take advantage of him because of his condition and use and abuse him.  He never knows where he is, why he is there, who sent him, or knows anybody around him or if they ever met.  He just lives life by pictures and notes he takes when he meets somebody and uses those when he doesn't remember.




I say what's the point of living if all day everyday you think of your wife dying in front of you?!  If Lenny already killed his wife's killer ( which I do not know if that happened I'm still a tad bit confused) then he really has no point in living.

Questions such as why are you living? What's worth dying for? and such are spread around in this film-these are existentialism questions.

This movie was intriguing and kept me on my toes.  I always wanted to know what was going on and why.

1 comment:

  1. i agree that the movie was quite confusing. you had to just stick it out and continue to watch it in order to understand it. i also agree that it was intriguing. it was interesting throughout the movie. it also made me think what exactly is my point in living as well.

    ReplyDelete